"Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"

2.25.2009

Ignorant-Thinkers


Let's start by addressing that I am, indeed, a devout Agnostic. My theories of a god-like figure vary and I am content with my inconsistency. At the moment, I don't believe in God, no; however, ask me tomorrow, after I've experienced a surreal coincidence and I might contradict myself. I won't subscribe to the whole Atheistic cult, because really, who knows if there is a metaphysical being? I think humans are ignorant for either stating complete and utter belief in an invisible creator and too full of themselves for denying blind faith. Why do you have to choose one over the other? Humans know nothing. You will never learn the meaning of life. Your pastor is fatuously respected when he is only man-weak, stupid, selfish. Then again, the Atheist you met on the plane last week-he's nothing, but a fraud who thinks he's deciphered the world's mystery. 


Another thing: if we are going to get into the lifestyles of the religious, I just have to flat-out admit that all of them are hypocrites, namely the die-hard. Terrorism, for example, is NOT a religious matter. I was raised within a Muslim family, my grandfather prays five times per day, and practices the five-pillars without hesitation. That, my friend, is devotion. I say this, though with hesitation because he is only human, nothing special, just flesh. Though it is completely ridiculous for him to subscribe to a specific sect, I still give him kudos for practicing with as little contradiction as humanly possible. Al-Quaeda, on the other hand, has no clue who Allah is and claim to be destructing His precious Earth in His name. This is not religion, my friend, this is humiliation to the rest of the Islamic population, it demolishes the reputation of innocent, passionate Muslims. Don't ever believe a journalist, a documentarist referring to terrorism as a religious sacrifice, and last time I checked, human sacrifice was nowhere to be found within the binds of the Koran. I find this bullshit and offensive.


Plain stated: I don't care what religion you follow. If your life runs the way you please, then by all means, continue doing whatever it is makes you happy. Just let me live mine and we can all attempt to live in some sort of harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment