"Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"

2.17.2009

A Thousand Suns Will Set And Rise


Dear god! Dave Monks completely tops his own 
band by a long shot. If only TPC skipped their Canadian tour, I mean they're touring around Quebec and Ontario for a whole week. Lucky SOB Canadians. 

"I threw darts at a spinning globe/Swapping out passport photos/
I walk west to the setting sun/Every single step, I grow/Another second young/
All my hair grows in/Wrinkles leave my skin/But still, don't fade/
I'll be back again when the tide is in some day"
&
"You've been famous since your birth/And a silent one it was/Till they told me it was a girl/And everybody gasped
But I know how to raise you right/Teach you how to read/Do maths, share toys, spell names/And how to be polite"

What male vocalist sings about this?! I know he's not literally writing about having a child, but it does represent something more challenging. Still can't figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment